We strive to enrich the quality of journalism education and student journalism in Kansas by:
• Supporting and promoting the First Amendment.
• Supporting and promoting high academic and professional standards in collegiate media.
• Supporting students working in and for student media.
• Supporting collegiate media advisers.
• Supporting administrators and others at academic institutions in understanding and appreciating collegiate media through encouragement, education, and professional interactions.
• Supporting outreach efforts in the academic and professional communities.
Category Archives: Posts
Corbin Crable was removed from the office of treasurer of Kansas Collegiate Media on July 12, 2018. Since taking over the duties of treasurer in September, 2014, Crable spent $21,000 of KCM funds for personal use. Officials at Crable’s former … Continue reading
We are super proud of all of our students. Here is the list of the winners for all divisions. 2018 Winners
2018 KCM Program-1
Hi Fellow Advisers, What a DAY! Note to self: Do not wait until the LAST MINUTE to FIND your KCM entries. It makes for a rather un-fun kind of day. OK, please review this carefully IF you submitted entries. I … Continue reading
Greetings, everyone! Great news — You now can pay your membership balance and conference registration online! Kansas Collegiate Media now has a Paypal account: email@example.com. Though I know many of you have said your institution is unable to make online credit card/p-card payments and must … Continue reading
Kansas Collegiate Media membership form 2017-18 Don’t forget to fill out your membership form for the current year (attached) and send your dues to Corbin at JCCC (his work address in the membership directory). You must be current on your … Continue reading
Max McCoy has graciously agreed to coordinate the 2018 contest. Full information here.