We strive to enrich the quality of journalism education and student journalism in Kansas by:
• Supporting and promoting the First Amendment.
• Supporting and promoting high academic and professional standards in collegiate media.
• Supporting students working in and for student media.
• Supporting collegiate media advisers.
• Supporting administrators and others at academic institutions in understanding and appreciating collegiate media through encouragement, education, and professional interactions.
• Supporting outreach efforts in the academic and professional communities.
Author Archives: reginacassell
Corbin Crable was removed from the office of treasurer of Kansas Collegiate Media on July 12, 2018. Since taking over the duties of treasurer in September, 2014, Crable spent $21,000 of KCM funds for personal use. Officials at Crable’s former … Continue reading
We are super proud of all of our students. Here is the list of the winners for all divisions. 2018 Winners
Hi Fellow Advisers, What a DAY! Note to self: Do not wait until the LAST MINUTE to FIND your KCM entries. It makes for a rather un-fun kind of day. OK, please review this carefully IF you submitted entries. I … Continue reading
Max McCoy has graciously agreed to coordinate the 2018 contest. Full information here.
Unless otherwise indicated by a specific category, all entries for the 2018 KCM conference should be published between Feb. 8, 2017 and Feb. 8, 2018. I will try to update any contrary information.
Advisers: Welcome to 2018! We are excited to announce that the KCM contest is now accepting your student entries. A lot of things have changed, and we would like to encourage everyone to review the attached document carefully regarding new … Continue reading