We strive to enrich the quality of journalism education and student journalism in Kansas by:
• Supporting and promoting the First Amendment.
• Supporting and promoting high academic and professional standards in collegiate media.
• Supporting students working in and for student media.
• Supporting collegiate media advisers.
• Supporting administrators and others at academic institutions in understanding and appreciating collegiate media through encouragement, education, and professional interactions.
• Supporting outreach efforts in the academic and professional communities.
Author Archives: reginacassell
Hi Fellow Advisers, What a DAY! Note to self: Do not wait until the LAST MINUTE to FIND your KCM entries. It makes for a rather un-fun kind of day. OK, please review this carefully IF you submitted entries. I … Continue reading
Max McCoy has graciously agreed to coordinate the 2018 contest. Full information here.
Unless otherwise indicated by a specific category, all entries for the 2018 KCM conference should be published between Feb. 8, 2017 and Feb. 8, 2018. I will try to update any contrary information.
Advisers: Welcome to 2018! We are excited to announce that the KCM contest is now accepting your student entries. A lot of things have changed, and we would like to encourage everyone to review the attached document carefully regarding new … Continue reading
Hi Fellow Advisers! There will be some changes to the 2018 contest. The biggest change is that the majority of our contest has moved completely online. The vendor that we selected for the first year was the most cost-effective and … Continue reading
The 2018 Spring conference will be April 8-9 at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview.