We strive to enrich the quality of journalism education and student journalism in Kansas by:
• Supporting and promoting the First Amendment.
• Supporting and promoting high academic and professional standards in collegiate media.
• Supporting students working in and for student media.
• Supporting collegiate media advisers.
• Supporting administrators and others at academic institutions in understanding and appreciating collegiate media through encouragement, education, and professional interactions.
• Supporting outreach efforts in the academic and professional communities.
Author Archives: ccrable
Minutes for the 2017 Kansas Collegiate Media fall retreat Advertisements
Please see the attached documents in preparation for the Sept. 23 KCM retreat at Hutchinson Community College. Here you will find our constitution, a tentative agenda, and minutes from the April conference in Wichita. KACP_Constitution_Revised 1.4 Tentative Agenda for KCM … Continue reading
Please RSVP by this Friday (9/15) at 5:00 pm… It’s that time of year…the KCM Fall Retreat! You’re receiving this because you’re listed on the KCM website as a student publication adviser. If you’re no longer serving in that role, … Continue reading
The 2017 KCM Conference will be held at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview, 400 West Douglas Ave., in Wichita on Sunday, April 9 and Monday, April 10. The deadline for making hotel reservations is Wednesday, March 22. Room rates are … Continue reading
Click 2017_joy to download the instructions on how to enter the 2017 Journalist of the Year competition. There is no charge to enter, and nominations are due to Kevin Page by Feb. 22.
Contest entry forms for the 2017 competition can be found under the Contest and Awards menu link (click on *Forms). Remember that contest entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017. If you have questions, contact the coordinator for … Continue reading
The deadline to submit spring contest entries to their respective coordinators is Wednesday, February 8. In the coming days. check this website, your e-mail, and social media for more information, including a list of and contact information for contest coordinators.