Please see the attached documents in preparation for the Sept. 23 KCM retreat at Hutchinson Community College. Here you will find our constitution, a tentative agenda, and minutes from the April conference in Wichita.
We strive to enrich the quality of journalism education and student journalism in Kansas by:
• Supporting and promoting the First Amendment.
• Supporting and promoting high academic and professional standards in collegiate media.
• Supporting students working in and for student media.
• Supporting collegiate media advisers.
• Supporting administrators and others at academic institutions in understanding and appreciating collegiate media through encouragement, education, and professional interactions.
• Supporting outreach efforts in the academic and professional communities.