We strive to enrich the quality of journalism education and student journalism in Kansas by:
• Supporting and promoting the First Amendment.
• Supporting and promoting high academic and professional standards in collegiate media.
• Supporting students working in and for student media.
• Supporting collegiate media advisers.
• Supporting administrators and others at academic institutions in understanding and appreciating collegiate media through encouragement, education, and professional interactions.
• Supporting outreach efforts in the academic and professional communities.
The 2017 KCM Conference will be held at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview, 400 West Douglas Ave., in Wichita on Sunday, April 9 and Monday, April 10. The deadline for making hotel reservations is Wednesday, March 22. Room rates are $99 for a single, $109 for double, $119 for triple and $129 for quad occupancy. Rooms are being held for our group under “Kansas Collegiate Media”. For reservations call 316-262-5000 or click on the link below. If anyone has problems with making reservations, please contact Kevin Page.
Registration Now Open. Registration for the 2017 KCM Conference is now open. The registration deadline is Wednesday, March 22, 2017. If any of your students have special dietary needs, please indicate so on the form. Special meals must be arranged in advance. Any special needs not presented until the day of the conference will be the responsibility of the student’s adviser.
Click on this link for registration: