Adviser/2nd VP Disclaimer: I really wanted these to be super fun and fancy videos, but they are not. Turns out, I’m really not a creative video maker. Plus, one must weigh the time in verses the project’s longevity.
Yada, yada, yada. Prepare to be underwhelmed by the videos, but I still want to say they do represent a lot of work in their simplicity. Kudos to all the video makers out there! Gather as a socially-distanced staff or via ZOOM and watch these soundless videos while playing your favorite songs in the background.
You might notice some strange characters in the title of entry section at the bottom of the certificates. I will go back and fix these before I print out the certificates. I thought I had fixed them all. But, I was getting a bit bleary-eyed after 309 certificates!
All 22 publications that entered this year’s contest earned an individual award or a publication ranking. Generally, we have two judges in the overall categories, but this year one judge fell through for the four-year website category and I decided to cut one set of judges’ scores from the 2Y newspaper and the magazine divisions because the discrepancy between the judge’s scores was sizable. These two changes did not change the hierarchy of the results, but I believe using scores from one of the judges more accurately adhered to the contest judging instructions and all schools benefited as a result.
Based on feedback from everyone, I tried to break out 2Y and 4Y schools into separate categories when possible. The line under the award tells both the category and which publications competed in each category.
It seems that something I did somewhere might have gotten these in an “interesting” order. If you want to skip the video and head right to the list of winners, you are almost there!
If you SEE an error, send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will run back through all of the awards before I print them next week and mail them out.
Advisers & JOY winners: I need addresses to mail certificates and plaques. Please shoot me an email to confirm where to send these.
Publications who participated in the 2021 Contest in no order whatsoever.
- K-State’s Manhappenin’ magazine
- Hutchinson’s Dragon’s Tale magazine
- The Butler Grizzly magazine
- Washburn’s Mass Media Messenger magazine
- Washburn’s Bod Magazine
- Sterling’s Warrior Student Media
- Hutchinson Collegian newspaper
- K-State Collegian newspaper
- Southwestern Collegian newspaper
- Baker Orange newspaper
- Washburn Review newspaper
- Benedictine Circuit newspaper
- KU’s Daily Kansan newspaper
- Seward’s Crusader newspaper
- The Lantern Newspaper from Butler
- The Wichita Sunflower newspaper
- The Emporia Sunflower yearbook
- The Newman Vantage newspaper
- The Johnson County Campus Ledger newspaper
- Royal Purple yearbook, K-State
- Washburn’s Kaw Yearbook
- Kansas Wesleyan’s Coyote Yearbook