We strive to enrich the quality of journalism education and student journalism in Kansas by:
• Supporting and promoting the First Amendment.
• Supporting and promoting high academic and professional standards in collegiate media.
• Supporting students working in and for student media.
• Supporting collegiate media advisers.
• Supporting administrators and others at academic institutions in understanding and appreciating collegiate media through encouragement, education, and professional interactions.
• Supporting outreach efforts in the academic and professional communities.
Click 2017_joy to download the instructions on how to enter the 2017 Journalist of the Year competition. There is no charge to enter, and nominations are due to Kevin Page by Feb. 22.
Contest entry forms for the 2017 competition can be found under the Contest and Awards menu link (click on *Forms). Remember that contest entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017. If you have questions, contact the coordinator for your division, or the contest coordinator, Kevin Page.
The deadline to submit spring contest entries to their respective coordinators is Wednesday, February 8. In the coming days. check this website, your e-mail, and social media for more information, including a list of and contact information for contest coordinators.
Please keep the following deadlines in mind: Spring 2017 contest entries are due to their respective coordinators by Wednesday, Feb. 10. A complete list of coordinators and contest submission instructions will be forthcoming.
The Kansas Collegiate Media spring conference will take place Sunday, April 9, and Monday, April 10, at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview. Registration information will be provided soon.
Help is still needed coordinating both the contest and the conference. If you can help, please contact First Vice President Kevin Page (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any other member of the executive board.
Please refer to the attached minutes for the fall 2016 adviser retreat from secretary Amy Chastain.
Know of a journalism adviser who’s heavily active in conferences or contest judging? Is he or she a staunch supporter of First Amendment rights? Fill out this year’s Jackie Engel Award nomination form now. The winner of the 2017 award will be announced at our spring conference in Wichita.